Lately as I wade through the inevitable insecure days that we women have, I've been thinking about my girls and what I want them to know and how I want to raise them to be confident and to feel beautiful. I already know that they'll be beautiful, I just want them to feel it. I have had countless conversations with girlfriends over the past week about muffin tops, breakouts, sagging boobs, pores, jean sizes and I came to the very sad conclusion that we beat ourselves up! I'm talking we are our own worst enemies. I don't want to set that example for my daughters. I decided to make a list of advice for them, that I want to ingrain in their hearts and minds that I believe will put them on a path to happiness and feeling pretty inside and out. Mothers have such an important role. Let's not ever take that for granted. I'd love to hear any of your words of wisdom in the comments.
1. Pray. Pray about everything. Give your worries to God before anyone and have peace knowing that He is in control.
2. Gossiping is hurtful. This is a hard one because sometimes people just kind of suck but this is an area in my life that I almost always immediately feel the ramifications from. Not worth it.
3. Brush and floss and have fresh breath when you leave the house.
4. Get plenty of sleep. Good for your mind and body.
5. Don't compare yourself to your friends. Be the best version of YOU. Lift up your friends even if you might feel jealous. "Refresh and you will be refreshed."
6. Be nice. Not just to people's faces but in general. Nice always wins in the long run.
7. Don't pick on the less popular kids in middle school. You'll regret it.
8. Don't let people pick on you. Walk away.
9. Be the kind of person that the kind of person you want to marry would want to be with (heard this in a sermon and I think it's great advice).
10. Have fun! Enjoy life, explore, create, be with friends, make as many happy memories as you can.
11. Wash your face every night, even if you're exhausted.
12. Drink lots of water.
13. You don't have to count calories and obsess over dieting if you eat REAL FOOD.
14. When you are the most stressed go for a walk.
15. Be picky when it comes to men. If they want to be with you they should pursue you.
16. Don't let texting replace real conversations.
17. Don't let social media consume your life (I worry about this with their generation. Phew).
18. Say please and thank you. Write handwritten thank you notes (I am so behind!).
19. Always take the high road. Always.
20. Love yourself.
twitter/ facebook/ pinterest/ instagram/ bloglovin'