Woke up the last two days with a heavy heart, a few friendship things that were making me feel insecure and bummed and a hunger for God's word. It's hard being a girl sometimes, isn't it? Even at 34 I get my feelings hurt and feel like I'm not enough when the truth is... I'm not!! This leads me back to Christ - thankful that I don't have to be. Read this devotion this morning and it was just what I needed to read so I wanted to share it with you.
Sometimes when I feel yucky like this I like to do a happy list, so here goes:
1. Soulflowers - this adorable girl just moved to our neighborhood and is going to be "petaling with a purpose" around town and I am just so excited about more creative people living nearby. We got it goin' on right now.
2. Bikini Series - still going strong and shared my two week progress photos here. LOVE that I'm getting stronger.
3. I love to treat myself to nice workout clothes when I reach certain goals (one goal - workout 6 days a week!). Lululemon is one of my go-tos. What about you?
4. My New Roots' new cookbook. So gorgeous!
5. Speaking of books... loving this one and this one. You should see my nightstand right now! All self-help and motivational. I have a problem. This one is next on my list.
6. Dreaming of travel. I have a trip to Texas in August for my oils and then I really want to go to the beach with my family. Hope we can make it happen.
7. Quinoa for breakfast! My dear friend Katie shared this recipe with me this week. Yum!
8. Our fence is in the works. We had someone come out to give us an estimate and I am hopeful we will be breaking ground next weekend. Here is the inspiration.
9. Speaking of the outdoors... we wrapped up the Home Depot Style Challenge last week and I can't wait to share our front porch with you. We completely transformed it just using plants. :)
10. This coffeee and Sam gets home today. Wooohooo!
I feel better already. What is making YOU happy?
twitter/ facebook/ pinterest/ instagram/ bloglovin'